Devouring Houston: Exploring Houston One Bite at a time

Houston has so many incredible food establishments...from sumptuously designed restaurants to fun storefronts selling gourmet cookies. From Mexican Food Carts to the Best BBQ in the World. And...I want to expore it one bite at a time.



Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Escalante's

I love me some Escalante's.  Consistent.  Delicious.  I love the Queso Blanco -- luscious, creamy, heavenly melted cheese.  Throw in some ground meat, pico de gallo, and poblano peppers.  And, Yum!  Crunchy chips.  Crisp, not greasy.  Their Queso (cup = $6.50) partnered with a cold, smooth margarita is such a great formula for yumminess!  Their Margaritas are THE Best!  Fresh ingredients.  Excellent Tequila.  Great craftsmanship.

Chile Con Queso Blanco

One of my favorite items on the Escalante's Menu is their Tortilla Soup (cup = $5, bowl = $7).  Fresh. Light. Packed full of big chunks of carrots, squash, celery, chicken.  Fresh avocados on top.  Light broth.  Melty-cheesy Jack cheese.  Mmmmmm  Mmmmmm!  It's an especially nice alternative to heavy TexMex....or right after one devours the entire bowl of Queso (you think I'd do that?).


Tortilla Soup

One other menu item that I think is worth noting is their Flan ($6).  While ordinarily, I'm not a huge flan fan (much preferring something wrapped, dipped, and stuffed with chocolate), their flan is a creamy and dense custard with a delectable caramel syrup.  This dish is an extremely satisfying way to end a meal.


Flan

I love all of the Escalante's locations.  They all hold true to the great service, fresh ingredients, and savory margaritas.  However, my favorite location is the one in Highland Village.  The eatery is light and bright, the energy level is high, and the interior design is Modern Mexican.  I'm happy being there!

Escalante's
5 Locations in Houston

No comments:

Post a Comment