Devouring Houston: Exploring Houston One Bite at a time

Houston has so many incredible food establishments...from sumptuously designed restaurants to fun storefronts selling gourmet cookies. From Mexican Food Carts to the Best BBQ in the World. And...I want to expore it one bite at a time.



Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christian's Tailgate Bar & Grill - Washington

I have a new favorite hamburger place.  Christian's Tailgate on Washington.  Oh, you have already been there?  I know.....I think everyone has been to Christian's Tailgate but me...until today.  Goodness, what took me so long?  Hello Hamburger Love.  I cannot wait until we meet again.

Christian's Tailgate is not fancy.  No frills.  Nothing out of the ordinary.   It is exactly what you expect a hamburger joint to be.  And, it was perfect.

They have 3 different sizes of burgers (1/3 lb., 1/2 lb., and a double, 1 lb).  The 1/3 is what I ordered and it was plenty thick and fairly juicy.  Is this very best burger I've ever had in my entire life?  No.  But, is it a super, great burger for $4.49?  Absolutely!  I will go back there.  Very tasty. Tender, moist meat.  Lots of melty, gooey cheese.  Not too greasy, but enough burger grease for those times when you really need it!  :)


1/3 lb. Cheeseburger and French Fries

The french fries were extra crispy, yet still soft on the inside.  So they aren't homemade cut fries -- I'm okay with that!  They were still most flavorsome.  The onion rings were crunchy on the outside with the sweetness of the onions on the inside. 


Onion Rings

The hot dog was good, too.  Again, what you expect in a hot dog, and what you actually want in a hot dog.  Good beefy flavor.  Not dried out.  Soft bun.


Hot dog with French Fries

Let me also mention that the service was really commendable.   The staff was extremely considerate and nice.  And, our order was cooked up quickly.

It took me a while to visit Christian's Tailgate, but I was not disappointed.  I look forward to going back.

Christian's Tailgate Bar & Grill
7340 Washington Avenue (@ I-10)
Houston, Texas 77007
713-864-9744

3 comments:

  1. I love burgers and grilled foods. I do own a tailgate bbq grill which we always use on outings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog. Thanks for providing such a amazing information. It very helpful for those people who really need Catering Services For Corporate Gathering In Washington

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Blog. I love your food very much. Thanks for providing this kind of delicious cuisions. I hope you provide the Best Catering Services In Washington. Keep up to the great work

    ReplyDelete