Devouring Houston: Exploring Houston One Bite at a time

Houston has so many incredible food establishments...from sumptuously designed restaurants to fun storefronts selling gourmet cookies. From Mexican Food Carts to the Best BBQ in the World. And...I want to expore it one bite at a time.



Friday, December 10, 2010

Sprinkles Cupcakes

So thought I'd check out the special Holiday flavors at Sprinkles Cupcakes.  I'm usually a loyal Crave Cupcakes fan, but Sprinkles called my name today.

First up, Eggnog Spice.  Oh. My. Gosh.  This little cake was stupendous!  Spice cake with an eggnog cream cheese frosting.  And, you know, ordinarily I do not even like cream cheese icing.   But, this was delicious.  I truly meant to eat just a few bites, and yet, I devoured that puppy in minutes!  It was THAT good!  It was moist, too.  I super highly recommend the Eggnog Spice.  

Eggnog Spice

My other Cupcake Christmas Confection was the Vanilla Peppermint.  Usually, I am a humongo fan of anything peppermint, but this cupcake left me a little disappointed.  Although a really beautiful looking cupcake, the Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla cake was dull.  Boring.  Dry.  Not much flavor.  The icing a not-much-more-exciting vanilla peppermint.  I'd stick to Peppermint Bark or a York Peppermint Patty if you need a mint fix.  Go for the Eggnog Spice cupcake instead!  Yum-o!

Vanilla Peppermint

Both Flavors, and Chocolate Peppermint, available through December 24th.   Merry Christmas!

Sprinkles Cupcakes
4014 Westheimer
Houston, Texas 77027
http://www.sprinkles.com/

1 comment:

  1. Hello from Sprinkles Cupcakes!

    Thank you so much for stopping by our new store to review our holiday flavors. We're very excited about them and love that you took the time to post your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed with our vanilla peppermint cupcake and would love to offer you the opportunity to give it another try, at no cost to you. OR, you can just go for some more eggnog spice! Let us know how to contact you so we can coordinate.

    Warmly,
    Nicole
    nicole@sprinkles.com

    ReplyDelete