Devouring Houston: Exploring Houston One Bite at a time

Houston has so many incredible food establishments...from sumptuously designed restaurants to fun storefronts selling gourmet cookies. From Mexican Food Carts to the Best BBQ in the World. And...I want to expore it one bite at a time.



Thursday, April 7, 2011

Sushi Pop

SushiPop is a hip, contemporary, fast food sushi eatery.  I was a little skeptical at first -- with a name like SushiPop, all I could think of was sushi-lollipop or sushi-soda pop.  But I had heard great reviews from friends, so I thought I'd give it a try.  I was not disappointed. 


The store was very clean, organized and polished.  The staff was extremely nice and helpful.  The interior design itself was fresh, chic, bright, and inviting.  I felt light and happy inside.


Their sushi menu has depth and breadth.  Many selections from Special Rolls to Combos to Classic Rolls to Sushi Wraps to Noodle Bowls.  Plus, they offer all you can eat soft serve ice cream!  I ordered the Chicken Bowl and the Chicken Udon Bowl.  And, I opted for Take Out on this trip.

Both Bowls were fresh, cooked to perfection, and delicious.

The Chicken Bowl included teriyaki chicken over rice with veggies ($7.00).   The Chicken Udon incorporated grilled chicken in a red miso broth with veggies  and was served with noodles ($7.00).   The chicken in both bowls was tender and moist with a great grilled flavor.  The udon sauce was the perfect sweetness, but not over powering.  The veggies in both bowls were crisp tender.  Perfect al dente.

Chicken Bowl with rice and veggies (ordered sauce on the side)

Chicken Udon with veggies and noodles (ordered sauce on side)

I look forward to subsequent trips to SushiPop.  For a quick, fresh, delicious meal, SushiPop is hard to beat. 

SushiPop
9770 Katy Freeway, Suite 100
(in the Bunker Hill Shopping Center)
Houston, Texas 77055
713-935-0707

No comments:

Post a Comment