Devouring Houston: Exploring Houston One Bite at a time

Houston has so many incredible food establishments...from sumptuously designed restaurants to fun storefronts selling gourmet cookies. From Mexican Food Carts to the Best BBQ in the World. And...I want to expore it one bite at a time.



Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Whoopie Pies

Okay, so I'm sitting in my car at my Corner Store Valero filling up with gas.  When, what grabs my attention...but the words "Whoopie Pies." 



 Really??  The gas station makes homemade Whoopie Pies?!?  Well, that's about all it took -- I grabbed my wallet and keys and inside I went.  Yes, apparently, they are "homemade."  $.99 each. 

I tried both the chocolate and the vanilla, which were oddly, pretty good.  The cake/cookie parts alone did not hold much flavor (and I couldn't really distinguish between the chocolate and white cakes), but with the super sweet "buttercream," the flavor combination was nicely balanced.  So if you need to fix a sweet craving, these aren't so bad.   Additionally, they were pretty cute with colored sprinkles dotting the buttercream. 

Chocolate Whoopie Pie


Vanilla Whoopie Pie

You, too, can head to your local Valero store for gas, a diet coke, and a Homemade Whoopie Pie.  I love Texas. 

1 comment:

  1. They used to have pumpkin spice that I wish would come to Idaho!

    ReplyDelete