Devouring Houston: Exploring Houston One Bite at a time

Houston has so many incredible food establishments...from sumptuously designed restaurants to fun storefronts selling gourmet cookies. From Mexican Food Carts to the Best BBQ in the World. And...I want to expore it one bite at a time.



Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Jus' Mac

A disappointing day usually leads to chocolate and bubbles, but when it is time for lunch, maybe a little nutrition is in order.  So, I checked out the new Jus' Mac.  I was there after a normal lunch rush crowd would be gone, but this little spot was still crowded.  Cute, simple, casual.  Plastic forks, paper napkins, and Styrofoam cups lend themselves to a laid back atmosphere that was still very energetic and happy.

As the name implies, it is just Macaroni and Cheese dishes -- with almost endless combos.  Four appetizers are offered -- all cheesy in nature.  2 salads are available and some cookies and sweets.  But that is it for options.  Needing some good comfort food, the options were fine by me.

When an establishment offers only one dish, essentially, it better rock.  And it did.  I ordered the Taco-Mexi ($8.95)-- ground beef in the pasta.  Super fresh and perfectly ripe tomatoes, avocados, and onions on top.  Cheesy.  Creamy. Tortilla chips dotting the sides.  Who knew chips would be such an excellent compliment to mac and cheese?  The crunchy with the creamy.  Something so simple and so obvious made me so happy.


I wanted to order the Fried Mac Balls or Fried Macarolls ($4.95 each) -- but alas, they were sold out.  The kitchen was in the process of making more.  Popular item.  Guess I'll have to go back to sample those.  Sounds like a celestial combination -- fried mac and cheese on a plate. 

Oh, and, yes, my super cheesy Taco-Mexi did make my day all better. 

Jus' Mac
2617 Yale Street
Houston, Texas 77008
www.jusmac.com

No comments:

Post a Comment