Devouring Houston: Exploring Houston One Bite at a time

Houston has so many incredible food establishments...from sumptuously designed restaurants to fun storefronts selling gourmet cookies. From Mexican Food Carts to the Best BBQ in the World. And...I want to expore it one bite at a time.



Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Supreme Kakes

My sweet friend did the sweetest thing and brought me a sweet treat.  Thank you, Jennifer!  She picked me up a chocolate cupcake (ah....chocolate AND cupcake) from Supreme Kakes.  I have been in Supreme Kakes before to take a look around.  The staff was extremely helpful and extremely  friendly.  The bakery has displayed many wedding and birthday mock cakes to peruse.  They also offer "regular" food, too.  So, you can stop in for lunch.

Oh yes, back to THE chocolate cupcake.  The cake was notably moist with a subtle chocolate flavor.   More cocoa than a rich ganache.  The icing was not overly sweet, although by the end of my sampling, I felt I was tasting more shortening than butter in the chocolate buttercream.  Nonetheless, it was a tasty cake.  Oh, and there were chocolate sprinkles a top the icing.  Always a favorite touch for me....the sprinkles give way to an additional texture of crunch with the moist delicate cake.  And, a bonus topping of a delish white chocolate straw.  Mmmmmmm! 



I'm heading back to Supreme Kakes sometime soon to try another flavor...maybe white cake with vanilla buttercream icing this time? 

Supreme Kakes
14520 Memorial Drive
Houston, Texas 77079
www.supremekakes.com

1 comment:

  1. I was referred to Supreme Kakes for my husband's birthday cake that I needed at last minute. Althought I was a bit fearful at looking at their diplays being that they look very amatuer, I decided that I would give the a shot at a 3 tier cake with buttercream icing. When I arrived the next day to pick up the cake, the appearance was that of the other cakes on display, very novice! My disappointment comes not at the outer appearance but the taste of the cake. The cake taste wet, not moist as the owner tried to convince me of as if he had personally had a slice. I honestly would not be writing anything negative or otherwise had the taste of the cake been up to par. If this had been my wedding cake I would have been devastated because in that situation a do over is not an option! As you can see from my other reviews, negativity is not an arena in which I thrive and I love to give credit where credit is due! So no thanks at the option to redo the cake I will just take the $235 loss. If you would like me to email you a picture of the cake that Supreme Kakes provided me, send me an email tiataylor1st@yahoo.com and I would love to share. In all the owner stated he could not understand my grievances at all being that no one has ever complained in 3 years so I really hate being the 1st. Wish I had gone to Sam's Club!

    ReplyDelete