Devouring Houston: Exploring Houston One Bite at a time

Houston has so many incredible food establishments...from sumptuously designed restaurants to fun storefronts selling gourmet cookies. From Mexican Food Carts to the Best BBQ in the World. And...I want to expore it one bite at a time.



Monday, September 20, 2010

Memorial Bakery

I know many people who buy birthday cakes and cookies here...so how does it measure up?  I tried the sausage kolache first.  Very tasty.  Soft bread, brushed butter on top, great sausage flavor. 

Next up, the chocolate chip cookie.  Soft, yet a little crispiness to it.  It did not crumble.  A perfect amount of semi-sweet chocolate chips.  Not too many chips, but a little chocolate in each bite.  Now, the smiley face (sugar cookie with icing).  About what you would expect, but very tasty.  The perfect amount of sweetness in the cookie with a little bit of crunchiness from the icing.  The icing was not too sweet or over the top. And, the cookie was not hard or crumbly.  A happy cookie for sure!

Next, The cupcake.  White cake cupcake with white icing...small white chocolate curls on top.  Very pretty.  It must be delish, right?  Except that I was so disappointed.  The cake was dry and boring, and the icing was way over the top sweet.

I will visit Memorial Bakery again.  But, sadly, I will not get the cupcake. 

Memorial Bakery
12345 Kingsride Lane
Houston, Texas 77024
713-467-7679
www.memorialbakery.com

1 comment:

  1. Ok. I will have to try this place again. It was very dirty and nasty the first time I checked it out.

    ReplyDelete